3080 Ti vs 3090 – Quick Comparison
Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti
- Noise-free operation even under heavy workload
- Is clearly superior to the 3080
- Top-notch performance in 4K gaming
- Much more expensive than the RTX 3080
- As power-hungry as the 3090
Nvidia GeForce RTX 3090
- The best that money can buy when it comes to consumer-grade graphic cards
- Can handle 8K gaming as well
- Relatively quiet and excellent cooling
- Extremely expensive and difficult to find
- Physically very large, may not fit easily into cases
- Takes up three slots on the motherboard
Clock Speeds & Overclocking
|RTX 3080 Ti||Boost Clock||RTX 3090||Boost Clock|
|ASUS ROG STRIX LC RTX 3080 Ti GAMING OC||1,830 MHz||EVGA RTX 3090 KINGPIN||1,920 MHz|
|GIGABYTE AORUS RTX 3080 Ti XTREME||1,830 MHz||EVGA RTX 3090 KINGPIN Hydro Copper||1,920 MHz|
|MSI RTX 3080 Ti SUPRIM X||1,830 MHz||ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3090 GAMING OC||1,860 MHz|
|ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3080 Ti GAMING OC||1,815 MHz||ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3090 GAMING WHITE OC||1,860 MHz|
|GALAX RTX 3080 Ti HOF OC Lab Edition||1,815 MHz||ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3090 GUNDAM OC||1,860 MHz|
The RTX 3090 offers just 1% better performance when both cards are overclocked according to user tests.
VRAM & Memory Specs
Shaders, RT Cores, and TMUs
Performance / Resolutions
The RTX 3090 has a miniscule Fps advantage of 1.5% on average at 1080p.
The RTX 3090 has a slightly higher FPS advantage at 1440p reaching 2.4%.
The difference is even larger at 4K, where the 3090 has a 3.6% advantage. But those are advertised benchmark results. User tests show the 3090 performing better by a flat 1% across the board. That includes effective speeds, average scores, and when overclocked (as mentioned).