Okay, you bought yourself JBL speakers, but you have no idea how to pair them with your desktop, Android, iPhone, or Mac. Stay tuned because we will show you the easiest way to do so. Let’s find out how to connect JBL speakers and start enjoying music wherever you go!
The procedure is basically the same regardless of which JBL speakers you have, whether you have the JBL Flip, JBL Charge, JBL Extreme or JBL Boombox speakers. And if you want to pair more than one speaker and enjoy stereo sound, no worries, we’ve covered that as well.
Connect JBL Speakers
If you bought JBL speakers but have no clue how to connect or pair them, you’re in the right place! Learn how to connect multiple speakers, enjoy the stereo sound, and pair them easily to any source. You can pair JBL speakers with Windows 10, Android, iPhone, Chromebook, macOS, or even a PC without a Bluetooth connection.
Connect JBL Speakers: to various devices
Connecting your new JBL speakers will depend on the Bluetooth device you’re using. So, let’s go through the most common choices, including Windows 10, Android, iPhone, macOS,
And the first steps are the same for all devices.
- Turn on the Bluetooth button on your JBL speaker
- Press the pairing button on your JBL speaker – it will start blinking
After that, select the following procedure depending on the device you’re pairing your JBL speakers with. Believe it or not, the process only takes a few minutes.
If you haven’t connected your speaker to Bluetooth before, it will automatically start up in pairing mode when you turn the power on (you should notice the LED light blinking).
But if you have previously paired your device, you can do it manually by holding down the Bluetooth button for at least 3 seconds until the LED flashes.
Connect JBL speakers to iPhone
If you want to pair your JBL speakers to iPhone, just follow these 4 steps, and you’ll be done in a minute.
- Go to the Settings on your iPhone.
- Tap Bluetooth.
- Tap your speaker’s name at the bottom of the page.
- Check if the pairing button stopped blinking – if yes, your speakers are connected, and you’re ready to go!
Connect JBL speakers to macOS
As you might guess, the procedure for pairing your JBL speakers to macOS is very similar to the previous one.
- Select Bluetooth from the Apple menu.
- Go to System Preferences on your Mac.
- Click Connect or Accept if prompted.
- Check the blinking, and if it’s stopped, your mission is completed!
And if you experience issues with connecting, you can check the tutorial below on what to do.
Connect JBL speakers to Android
The same goes for Android devices. After turning on your JBL speakers, all you have to do is to follow these steps:
- Go to Settings.
- Turn on Bluetooth.
- Within the Bluetooth, click “Pair new device.”
- When you see your JBL device come up in the list, just tap on it, and your speakers should be paired with your phone.
Connect JBL speakers to Windows 10
For pairing JBL speakers to your Windows 10, after you set your JBL speakers, you will have to:
- Go to the main menu (bottom left)
- Go to the Settings
- Click on the Devices
- When a new page opens, you will be able to see Bluetooth on/off switch – switch it on
- On the same page, click on the Add Bluetooth or other devices
- It will open a pop-up – click on Bluetooth
- Wait for a few seconds until your JBL device shows up on the screen
- Click on it and wait for the pairing sound
You will probably get a notification informing you that the system is setting up a device JBL speaker. Once you receive the notification “Device is ready,” you’re good to go!
Connect JBL speakers to Chromebook
Now, if you want to pair your JBL speaker to Chromebook, here’s what you need to do:
- Click on the little battery icon (bottom left).
- It will open a small settings window.
- Click on the Bluetooth disabled.
- Turn the switch on.
- Wait a few moments for the system to scan.
- As soon as your JBL speakers appear, click on it.
- It will open a new window that informs you that the process of connecting is in progress.
- Once connected, you will hear a sound and see the notification that your speaker is connected and ready for use.
Connect JBL speakers to PC without Bluetooth
First, to connect your JBL speaker to your PC with a cable, you have to check whether your JBL speaker has the AUX input because not all models have it.
For example, JBL Pulse 4, Xtreme 2, Charge 4, PartyBox 310, PartyBox 100, and Flip 4 have AUX ports, but, for instance, Flip 5 doesn’t.
So, if you’ve checked and confirmed that your JBL has an AUX port, you will need a double 3.5mm male mini-jack cable.
- Connect one end of the cable with your speaker and the other end to the sound output on your PC.
- If a pop-up window asks you which device you are connecting with, select “Speaker” and click “Accept.”
- Now turn on your JBL speaker and the sound on your PC, and it should start reproducing the sound from your PC.
How to Connect Multiple JBL Speakers Together
Before we jump to explaining the process of connecting multiple JBL speakers, we need to remind you can connect two JBL speakers regardless of the model. But you can only connect more than two speakers with the latest versions.
Which speakers can connect?
As we mentioned, the prerequisite for connecting multiple JBL speakers together is that these speakers offer that option.
So, here’s the list of speakers which you can connect.
- JBL Connect function: JBL Flip 3, Charge 3, Pulse 2, Clip 2
- JBL Connect+: JBL Flip 4, Xtreme 2, Pulse 3, Charge 4, Boombox
- PartyBoost: JBL Flip 5, JBL Pulse 4, Boombox 2 and Boombox 3, JBL Xtreme 3
If you’re not quite sure what type of JBL speakers you have, check the connect button (in the form of an hourglass icon).
- If the connect button has round edges, your speaker has a PartyBoost connection
- If the connect button has straight edges, your speaker has the “JBL Connect” technology
- If the connect button has straight edges with a + sign that indicates the “JBL Connect Plus” feature
Bear in mind that the same model JBL speakers will be easy to connect, while you won’t be able to connect speakers that use different technologies. So, for example, you won’t be able to connect Boombox and Boombox 2.
How many speakers can you connect together?
The connection limit is two for models that support the “connect” protocol, while you can connect those with the latest protocols to 100 speakers simultaneously.
How to connect JBL speakers together?
If your JBL speakers are on the list, you can use one of the two methods.
The first method
- Turn on the speakers you want to connect
- Pair them with the source device using Bluetooth
- Once you do that, play the audio on the device
- Only one of your JBL speakers will play the audio – press the Connect button on that one
- Press the Connect button on other JBL speakers, and you’re done
The second method
- Turn on the first speaker
- Pair it with the source device
- Play the audio on the source device and check whether the sound is coming from the first speaker
- Now turn on and click the Connect button on other speakers
- Wait for the confirmation sound
And that’s it! Your speakers should be connected!
How to disconnect or unlink one speaker from the group?
If you, for any reason, want to disconnect one of the speakers from the group, you can use one of the two methods:
- Press the Connect button again.
- Press the on/off button, and turn it off.
What is JBL Connect + function?
The JBL Connect + function is an innovative protocol that allows you to connect up to 100 speakers wirelessly. Remember, you can only connect those JBL speakers that use Connect + protocol.
What is the JBL PartyBoost function?
PartyBoost function is the latest protocol from JBL, enabling stereo sound or pairing multiple JBL PartyBoost-compatible speakers to pump up your party.
Frequently Asked Questions
So, let’s go once more through the most common questions related to JBL speakers.
How to pair two JBL speakers?
You can do it in minutes by using one of the two methods mentioned previously. Whether you turn on both speakers and click the Connect button, or you turn on the first one and then, after connecting it with the source, pair it with the second one.
How do I pair the JBL speaker to one device?
Pairing your JBL to one device basically follows the same procedure with slight differences depending on the device you use as a source.
- You turn on your speaker.
- Turn on the Bluetooth button.
- Go to the Settings on your device.
- Find the Bluetooth.
- Turn it on.
- Find your JBL speaker and press on it.
- Confirm pairing, and that’s it!
Can I connect all JBL speakers?
Well, the answer is yes, and no. You can connect all JBL speakers, which are the same model, and if you have more than two, they have to be Connect+ or PartyBoost protocol.
Can I upgrade from JBL Connect + to PartyBoost using a firmware update?
Unfortunately, no. The JBL speakers are among the best speakers, but they can not be upgraded. So, if you have an older model and want the feature PartyBoost, you will have to buy new speakers.
JBL speakers are probably one of the best speakers you can find. And if you have more than one, you would probably want to connect JBL speakers and enhance your listening experience.
There are three different models, Connect, Connect +, and PartyBoost, and you can easily connect multiple JBL speakers if they use the same protocol. But if they differ, you won’t be able to connect them.
With Connect protocol, you will be able to connect only two JBL speakers, and if they use Connect + or PartyBoost, the sky is the limit, and you can go up to 100.
They are easy to pair with source devices such as Android, Windows 10, iPhone, macOS, and Chromebook, but you can also pair some of them with a PC that doesn’t have Bluetooth, which you have to admit, is an advantage.
We hope this helped, and feel free to share your experience with connecting JBL speakers!