How do you solve the issue of Facebook marketplace not working or loading? If you find that your Facebook Marketplace isn’t working, there could be several different reasons for it.
It could be a problem with the app, your device, your Facebook account, or possibly your geographical location. People use Facebook Marketplace to buy and sell products from people in the area where they live and they love it because you have to link your Facebook account.
This gives you some peace of mind that you won’t get scammed as you could on other apps or services. Continue reading to learn about the errors that can cause Facebook Marketplace not to work.
Errors That Prevent Facebook Marketplace From Working
- Marketplace is not available: If you are logged into your Facebook account but you get a message that Facebook Marketplace is not available to you, there are several things that it could be. If you live in a country where Facebook Marketplace isn’t available, you will get this message. Another reason why you could get this message is that your account doesn’t meet their eligibility requirements. You will need to check the Help Center for more information on this.
- You can’t find Facebook marketplace in the More Menu or the Secondary Menu.
- You have a problem with checkout on Facebook Marketplace.
- You can’t access certain parts of the ads.
- You have trouble listing items in the Marketplace.
- You get an error message when you click on a product.
These errors can happen for different reasons, including a restriction on your account or a technical problem. The best thing that you can do is consider a number of tips that explain why this could happen.
Tips to Make Sure That You Can Access Facebook Marketplace
- Make sure that your Facebook account isn’t new because Facebook Marketplace doesn’t allow new accounts to participate. The reason for this is that often people who are blocked from Marketplace will set up new accounts to sneak back on. As a result, Facebook doesn’t allow new accounts to use the Marketplace.
- You have to be 18 or older to use the marketplace, so if you are younger, you won’t be allowed to use it.
- You need to have the latest version of Facebook downloaded or you could have technical difficulties.
- Facebook Marketplace is allowed in 70 countries, so make sure that you are in one of them.
- If you used to live in a country where the Marketplace is allowed and then you move to a country where it isn’t, you will no longer have access.
- Make sure that you are using language that is permitted on Facebook Marketplace.
- Make sure that your device is compatible with Facebook Marketplace. For example, you can’t access it on an iPod.
Facebook Marketplace Not Working Or Loading (Fix)
There are several steps that you can take if you are having trouble accessing the Facebook Marketplace. Try the following potential solutions.
- Clear the Cache and the Temporary Data
If you are in the Facebook Marketplace and you suddenly find that you get kicked out, you might need to clear your cache and your temporary data.
The process is different for different systems, so make sure that you know how to clear yours. Here is how you can clear the cache for Chrome.
- Open Chrome on your computer
- Click your profile picture next to the hamburger menu
- Click on your email address in the next window
- In the settings window, click “Turn off”
- Click on the hamburger menu at the top right of the screen
- Click on More Tools in the sub menu, and then Clear Browsing Data
- Choose the range, such as All Time or Last Hour
- Select the categories that you want to remove
- Click Clear Data
If you are using another browser, you need to go to the menu and follow the steps to clear your cache. If you are using a mobile device, you can clear the cache on your Android or your iOS device.
Once you clear your cache, try to use Facebook Marketplace again. If it works, you have solved the problem. If not, you can try another solution.
- Disable Third-Party Add-ons
When you use your web browser, it is usually set to allow third-party add-ons, plugins, or extensions. They make different websites easier to use and improve how they function.
However, if you have any malicious add-ons, Facebook can behave abnormally, which could allow third-party apps to see your Facebook account information, copy it, and possibly edit it.
If Facebook picks up on this problem, it might limit your access to the Marketplace. The best way to handle this is to remove the add-ons from the web browser.
You need to know what web browser you are using and choose the add-ons to remove. As an example, take a look at how to remove third-party add-ons from Chrome.
- Open Chrome on your computer
- Click on the hamburger menu in the right top corner
- Click on More Tools
- Click on Extensions in the sub menu
- Select the extension that you want to remove and click Remove
Make sure that you follow the steps to remove the add-ons from whatever web browser you are using. Once you remove the add-ons, check to see if you can access Facebook Marketplace. If you can’t, then you need to try another solution.
- Try Using a Different Browser
Another possible solution is to try using a different web browser. The browser that you are using might not be compatible, or you might need to update your computer or your smartphone. Look to see what web browser you are using and try using another. Follow these steps:
- Download and install a different web browser
- Click on that browser to start it up
- Try to access Facebook Marketplace to see if it works
If you still are unable to access Facebook Marketplace, you need to move on to the next possible solution.
- Delete and Reinstall the Facebook App
Sometimes there could be a glitch with the app itself. The best way to handle it is to delete the Facebook app by uninstalling it and then you can reinstall it.
If you use an iOS device, you can download the app from the App Store, and if you use an Android device, you can download it from the PlayStore. If this works, that’s great. If not, you should try the next solution.
- Restore Your Removed Facebook Marketplace Access
It is important to know that Facebook Marketplace has community policies and if anyone goes against them, they have their access removed and they will no longer be able to access the Marketplace.
If you violated their policies, you won’t be able to restore your access. However, if you are sure that you did not, you can follow these steps to have your revoked access restored.
- Log into your Facebook account
- Click on the Marketplace icon
- Choose the Request Review option
- Fill out the Request form
- Wait a few days for the Facebook team to respond to your appeal
- Make sure that you check your support inbox for the response
They will respond and let you know if you can access the Marketplace again. If you have lost your ability to access the Facebook Marketplace, one of these solutions should restore access for you as long as you are in a country where Facebook allows you to use the Marketplace.