Are you trying to figure out how to watch HBO Max on LG TV? You have landed on the most comprehensive guide to help you seamlessly access HBO Max on LG TV. We will present you with all of the information you need to know.
First and foremost, if you reside in a country other than the United States, you will require a VPN service to view HBO Max. If you attempt to access it from a location other than the United States, you will get an error message.
HBO Max on LG TV: How to Watch
After a lengthy period of anticipation, the HBO Max app is now available on LG Smart TVs. Previously, LG TV owners who wanted to watch HBO Max were forced to use Airplay or cast screen from a smartphone or use an additional streaming device compatible with HBO Max. Things have improved as the HBO Max app is available for LG Smart TVs.
HBO Max is accessible in its native format on LG Smart TVs (2018 and newer). Apple AirPlay (available on 2018+ (webOS 4.0+) models) may also allow you to stream content to your LG Smart TV. Below we show you how to use different mediums to access HBO Max on LG TV.
All Compatible LG TVs with HBO Max
The following is a list of LG TVs compatible with WebOS and their respective webOS versions. As of right now, HBO Max is only supported on webOS 4.0 and above (2018 and newer models).
|OLED||4K UHD||FHD/HD LED|
|OLED65R1PUA, OLED88ZXPUA, OLED77ZXPUA, OLED77G1PUA, OLED65G1PUA, OLED55G1PUA, OLED83C1PUA, OLED77C1PUB, OLED65C1PUB, OLED55C1PUB, OLED48C1PUB, OLED83C1AUA, OLED77C1AUB, OLED65C1AUB, OLED55C1AUB, OLED48C1AUB, OLED77B1PUA, OLED65B1PUA, OLED55B1PUA, OLED77A1PUA, OLED65A1PUA, OLED55A1PUA. OLED48A1PUA, OLED77A1AUA, OLED65A1AUA, OLED55A1AUA, OLED48A1AUA||86QNED99UPA, 75QNED99UPA, 65QNED99UPA, 86QNED90UPA, 75QNED90UPA, 65QNED90UPA, 86NANO99UPA, 75NANO99UPA, 65NANO99UPA, 86NANO90UPA, 75NANO90UPA, 65NANO90UPA, 55NANO90UPA, 86NANO85APA, 75NANO85APA, 65NANO85APA, 55NANO85APA, 75NANO80UPA, 65NANO80UPA, 55NANO80UPA, 50NANO80UPA, 65NANO77ZPA, 55NANO77ZPA, 50NANO77ZPA, 86NANO75UPA, 75NANO75UPA, 70NANO75UPA, 65NANO75UPA, 55NANO75UPA, 50NANO75UPA, 43NANO75UPA, 86UN9070AUD, 75UN9070AUD, 65UN9000AUJ, 86UP8770PUA, 82UP8770PUA, 75UP8070PUA, 70UP8070PUA, 65UP8000PUA, 60UP8000PUA, 55UP8000PUA, 50UP8000PUA, 43UP8000PUA, 75UP8070PUR, 70UP8070PUR, 65UP8000PUR, 60UP8000PUR, 55UP8000PUR, 50UP8000PUR, 43UP8000PUR, 75UP7570AUE, 70UP7570AUD, 65UP7560AUD, 55UP7560AUD, 50UP7560AUD, 43UP7560AUD, 75UP7670PUB, 70UP7670PUB, 65UP7670PUC, 55UP7670PUC, 50UP7670PUC, 43UP7670PUC, 75UN6955ZUD, 70UN6955ZUC, 65UN6955ZUF, 55UN6955ZUF, 50UN6955ZUF, 43UN6955ZUF, 75UP7070PUD, 70UP7070PUE, 65UP7000PUA, 55UP7000PUA, 50UP7000PUA, 43UP7000PUA||32LM627BPUA 32LM577BPUA 32LM577BZUA|
How to watch HBO Max on LG TV via native app
It’s fairly easy to stream HBO Max on LG TV using the HBO Max app made for LG Smart TVs. Just follow the steps below.
- If you haven’t already subscribed to HBO Max, sign-up.
- After signing up, go to your LG TV’s Home Screen.
- Open the LG app store and search HBO Max.
- Click Download to install the HBO Max app.
- After installing the app, open it and log in using your HBO Max account credentials.
- Once you’re signed in, you will be able to browse through the app and stream your favorite content on LG TV.
How to watch HBO Max on LG TV with Apple AirPlay
It’s easy to stream HBO Max content from an Apple device to your LG Smart TV using AirPlay. Just follow the steps below.
- Sign up for HBO Max.
- Install the HBO Max on your Apple iPad/iPhone.
- Log in using your HBO Max account credentials.
- Make sure that your LG Smart TV and Apple iPhone/iPad are on the same WiFi network.
- Open the HBO Max app on your iPhone/iPad and start playing content.
- Now, tap the AirPlay icon and choose your LG Smart TV from the pop-up.
- Your iPhone/iPad will now start streaming HBO Max app content on your LG Smart TV.
How to watch HBO Max on LG TV with Android Cast
Another easy way to watch HBO Max on LG TV is by casting your Android device. Ensure that your LG TV and Android device are on the same WiFi network and just follow the steps below.
- Click the home button on your LG TV remote.
- Now, select the Screen Share option displayed on the TV menu panel.
- Locate the Cast option on your Android phone (it should be in the notification panel or settings menu under the display option).
- Tap the Cast option and choose your LG smart TV from the list.
- After you see your phone screen on LG TV, open the HBO Max on your smartphone.
- Select the content you want to play from HBO Max and watch it play on your screen.
How to watch HBO Max on LG TV by connecting laptop via HDMI cable
It is possible to connect your laptop using an HDMI cable to your LG Smart TV and stream HBO Max. Just follow the steps below for your Windows and Mac laptops.
- Connect one end of the HDMI cable to your laptop and another end to the HDMI port on your LG TV.
- Switch the input of your LG Smart TV to the HDMI port you’re using (HDMI 1/2/3).
- In most circumstances, your laptop screen should appear on your LG TV.
- Now, open the HBO Max website on your laptop and log into your account.
- Play the content you want to watch, and it will play in real-time on your LG TV.
You should check the display settings on your laptop if the screen from your laptop did not automatically begin showing on your LG Smart TV.
HBO Max on LG TV: How to Watch on Older LG Models
There are plenty of other ways to stream HBO Max on LG TV. Let’s start with mirroring Windows PC/laptop.
How to watch HBO Max on LG TV using Windows
Watching HBO Max on LG TV is simple if you use a screen-sharing Windows PC.
- Before proceeding, verify that both the Windows PC and the LG Smart TV are linked to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open a web browser, such as Google Chrome, on your Windows PC/Laptop.
- Log in to your HBO Max account and search for your favorite content.
- Select Display Settings from the Display Options menu by right-clicking on the desktop screen.
- Select the Multiple Display option from the drop-down menu and then click Duplicate Display.
- Select LG Smart TV from the drop-down menu and click Save Changes.
- LG TV will allow you to stream all HBO Max content instantly.
How to watch HBO Max on LG TV via YouTube TV
Fortunately, YouTube TV allows you to view HBO shows even if HBO Max is not accessible on your LG TV. You may watch most major networks such as ABC, FOX, CBS and more than 85 live television stations when you subscribe to YouTube TV. Some channels, such as HBO max, include an additional price, and you must pay this fee to access them.
Furthermore, we have confirmed that YouTube TV is compatible with most smart TVs, including Samsung, LG TV, Sony, and others. Consequently, you can easily install the YouTube TV, log in using your credentials, and watch HBO max.
How to watch HBO Max on LG TV via Chromecast
Alternatively, you can buy a streaming device like Google Chromecast and plug it into your LG TV to cast content from the HBO Max app.
- Connect your Chromecast to your television via the HDMI port.
- Make sure that all necessary devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Install the HBO Max App on your smartphone by downloading it from the App Store/Play Store.
- If you already have an HBO Max account, simply sign in or create a new one.
- Now, on your smartphone, launch the HBO Max app and select the video you wish to watch.
- You will notice a Cast icon appearing on your video screen.
- Tap on the Cast icon.
- Select your LG Smart TV, and it will start streaming content on your TV.
You can also opt for other streaming devices like Amazon Fire TV Stick or Roku to watch HBO Max on your LG TV.
Also Read: How Many People Can Watch HBO Max At Once?
How to watch HBO Max on LG TV outside the US?
At the beginning of this guide, we mentioned that HBO Max is limited to the US. And if you’re outside the US, there’s only one way to get hold of HBO Max, and that’s by using VPN. However, there’s also another neat trick that some LG smart TV users pulled, and it seems to work for now.
We stumbled upon many videos on YouTube that show how you can access the HBO Max app on your LG TV app store and download it even if you reside outside the US.
The steps are pretty simple, and we break them down for you below.
- Open the settings menu on your LG TV.
- Go to All Settings > General > Location.
- Now, you will be able to select another region.
- Many videos suggest that you choose Mexico as the location.
- When you select and accept the new location, your LG TV will restart.
- After restarting, go to the app store, and you will find the HBO Max app there.
- Download and install the HBO Max app.
- After that, sign in to your HBO Max account.
- Once the setup is complete, you can go back to Settings and change the location to your current location.
- And the app will still stay on your LG TV and work per usual.
Now, we don’t know if this trick will work for every user, but for some users, it sure did. For more info, you can check the video below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Now that we have our answers for streaming HBO Max on LG TV using different sources and devices, it’s time to answer other related questions too.
Will HBO Max be on LG Smart TV?
HBO Max native app is already available for LG Smart TV, but only on select models. You can download it from the LG app store and log into your HBO Max account to stream content seamlessly.
How do I get HBO Max on my LG Smart TV?
If you have a compatible LG Smart TV model and reside in the US, you can easily download and install the HBO Max app on your TV from the LG TV app store. If you don’t have a compatible model, you can stream HBO Max content from an Android phone via Chromecast and from an iOS device via AirPlay.
You can easily stream HBO Max on LG TV by following any of the methods we listed in this guide. Of course, the best way would be to have the compatible model and download the native app on your LG Smart TV. But even other methods like Chromecast, screen mirroring, or AirPlay could work well to quench your thirst for HBO Max shows and movies.