Do you love watching documentaries and wildlife videos? Then you must be excited to access Discovery Plus, which is probably the most popular streaming platform for nature lovers.
Whether you wish to learn great culinary techniques or watch a nature documentary, Discovery Plus is an all-around platform for all preferences and tastes. It’s much faster and easier than surfing different channels and hunting for shows you like.
This versatile streaming platform has a lot to offer at a minimal price. You can literally watch content all year round and be sufficiently entertained.
Keep reading to learn how to get Discovery Plus on smart TVs.
How to get Discovery Plus on Smart TV?
Follow these instructions so you can enjoy Discovery Plus content on your smart TV:
- Go to the Home Screen or Smart Hub of your TV model.
- In the search bar, find the app for Discovery Plus.
- Create an account and open it on the app.
This is how to get Discovery Plus on a smart TV.
Installing Discovery Plus on a Smart TV
Who doesn’t want an unlimited supply of entertainment documentaries, varying from exciting travel vlogs to jungle adventures?
Although installing Discovery Plus is pretty straightforward, you will be exposed to unnecessary problems if done incorrectly. Some common issues with streaming include intermittent shutdown, blank screen, screen freeze, and error codes.
If users wish to prevent these streaming difficulties, this guide will explain the successful installation of the Discovery Plus app on various OS and popular TV models.
What is Discovery Plus?
Discovery Plus is an outstanding streaming service offering countless episodes, TV series, originals, short videos, documentaries, and so much more.
The platform consists of content based on animals, nature, space, science, food, everyday life, and beyond. And, of course, the availability of various languages enables international users and subscribers to understand all channels.
But unfortunately, Discovery Plus is currently only available on a restricted amount of devices. Various devices are incompatible with the streaming service due to inferior software or a bad network. The main issues with the Discovery+ app are:
- The unavailability of the Discovery Plus app.
- Inferior performance due to the Wi-Fi connection.
- The network service provider cannot connect to the Discovery Plus platform.
Before Installing the Discovery Plus App
Prior to installation, there are some things you will need to guarantee a smooth user experience. Let’s go over these one by one:
Account and Profile Set-up
Navigate to the official Discovery Plus website and sign up. After choosing your preferred subscription, a profile will be automatically created. A user is given the freedom to generate up to five profiles. You can change or keep the profile icon as it is.
Interested in learning how to create profiles? Here are your options:
Visit the official website in your browser, choose the profile icon in the upper right corner and select “Manage Profiles.” You can update preferences or add profiles here.
Choose the profile icon at the bottom right corner and tap on “Manage Profiles.” Here, you can update settings or add profiles.
Via connected device
Use the controller to launch the Menu panel on the left side. Again, you can repeat the above steps by clicking on Manage Profiles.
Now, let’s head over to the main section of the guide.
How do I Get Discovery Plus on my TV?
After reading basic information about the service, are you ready to finally access and enjoy Discovery Plus? You must be wondering how to get Discovery Plus on your smart TV.
Well, sit back, relax, and let us do the explaining. Depending on what kind of device you want to use to enjoy Discovery Plus, you can access the instructions below.
iPadOS or iOS
iOS users should feel relieved as Discovery Plus is compatible with their devices. Whether you own an iOS tablet, mobile, or laptop, follow these instructions:
- Download and install Discovery Plus on your iOS device.
- Launch the Discovery Plus app on your device and press “Personalize my Experience.”
- Choose the topics based on your preferences.
- Click on “Continue” at the bottom of the screen.
- You will be requested to sign up for Discovery Plus. This can be done with your Apple ID, FB account, or even a Google ID.
- To see the email sign-up options, click “View other Sign-in Options.”
After signing in, you can enjoy access to the streaming content.
Discovery+ works on the Samsung TV models produced in 2017 and later.
Here’s the know-how for how to watch Discovery Plus on smart TV:
- Subscribe to Discovery Plus through the official website.
- Tap on “Start Free Trial” to complete the signup process.
- Choose a subscription plan, make your account, and enter your billing information.
- Afterward, go back to the Samsung TV.
- Through the Home Screen, locate Apps.
- Use the Search Field to search for Discovery Plus.
- Select the app’s icon to launch extra details.
- In order to add the app to the Samsung TV, choose “Add to Home.” The app will be downloaded and installed on your TV.
- Finally, open Discovery+ and log in by following the on-screen prompts.
Watch this YouTube video tutorial to get a better hang of the procedure:
When it comes to this manufacturer, Discovery Plus is compatible with models operating on Android TV version 5.0 or later. To install Discovery Plus on Sony, you need access to Google Play Store first. These are the instructions:
- Get a Discovery Plus subscription prior to installing the app.
- Navigate to Google Play Store on the Sony TV and choose the app’s icon.
- Go to the top of the screen to search for Discovery+ in the search bar.
- After the app appears, click on it. The app’s overview will open.
- Depending on your Android TV version, choose Get or Install.
- When the app is ready to use, open it.
- Log in to your brand-new Discovery Plus subscription by following the instructions available on the screen.
That’s all. Discovery+ can be played on Android TV-powered media streaming devices, too, if you follow the steps mentioned above. TiVO can play Discovery+ if you own a TiVO Stream 4K.
LG Smart TV
Currently, Discovery+ doesn’t have a native app solely for WebOS, aka the operating system powering LG Smart TV models. In short, it’s impossible to play Discovery Plus on LG models through the native software.
But don’t worry, as a hack exists. Until Discovery+ decides to offer a WebOS app, try casting Discovery+ content via your tablet or phone to your LG TV.
Insignia & Toshiba TV Models
A variety of Insignia and Toshiba models are operated by Amazon Fire OS. So, if you own a Fire Edition TV, here’s how to get Discovery Plus on your smart TV:
- After subscribing to Discovery Plus, shift your attention to your Insignia or Toshiba Fire TV.
- Navigate to the Home screen, where a magnifying glass icon to search for apps will be available. Press the icon.
- Search for Discovery Plus. You’ll see the app listed in the search results. Choose the app to launch the overview and tap on “Get.”
- After the Discovery Plus app is ready to be used, open it.
- You may log in to your account by following the on-screen prompts.
Another method to enjoy Discovery+ on Insignia or Toshiba models is by using the Amazon Web Store. Launch the app and log in to your Amazon account. You will be able to remotely download Discovery Plus on your Smart TV.
Hisense & TCL TVs
Lots of Hisense and TCL TVs feature Roku, offering access to a great variety of Roku channels. And, of course, Discovery+ is one of those channels. So, if you’re wondering how to get Discovery Plus on your smart TV, if it’s either of these brands, read the steps below:
- Tap on the Home button located at the TCL or Hisense remote control.
- Now, choose “Streaming Channels” on the left side.
- Select “Search Channels” by scrolling down.
- Use the text box on the screen and search for Discovery+.
- Choose this channel and use the “Add Channel” button.
- This will download and install the app on your Hisense or TCL TV.
- Finally, go back to the Roku TV Home Screen.
- Open Discovery Plus to log in by following the on-screen prompts.
That’s it! Another way to watch Discovery Plus on your smart TV is through the Internet. Simply visit the official Discovery Plus page and choose “Add Channel.” The Discovery Plus app will remotely install on your Roku-powered TV.
Xbox users can stream Discovery Plus content by following these instructions:
- Sign in through the Discovery Plus official website.
- Go to your Xbox and open the Xbox store.
- Hunt for Discovery Plus on Xbox.
- Choose “Install” and wait for it to download.
- After the Discovery Plus app is installed on the Xbox, log in to your account.
You can officially stream Discovery+ on your Xbox now.
Do you own an Apple TV? Follow these steps to learn how to watch Discovery Plus on your Apple TV:
- Navigate to the home screen of your Apple TV.
- Open the App Store and hunt for Discovery+.
- Tap on the Download button to install the app on the Apple TV.
- Now, log in with your Discovery+ account.
After successfully logging in, you can stream content through the Discovery Plus app on your Apple Smart TV.
Amazon Fire TV
Yes, we briefly discussed this in the above sections, but here, you will find instructions to do it properly:
- Navigate to the Home Screen on the Firestick device.
- Choose Find and tap on the Search Bar.
- Type Discovery Plus with your on-screen keyboard and look for the app.
- Download and install the app on the Firestick device.
- After the Discovery Plus app is installed on the device, open the app.
- Log in to your Discovery Plus account.
You are free to stream content through the Discovery Plus app on Firestick.
Via AirPlay or Chromecast
Luckily, Discovery Plus supports AirPlay by Apple and Chromecast by Google, allowing any tablet or phone made by these manufacturers to stream content from Discovery+.
Therefore, if your TV model is compatible with any of these two screencasting technologies, it is possible to view Discovery Plus content via your device on the TV. Read the below instructions to learn how to watch Discovery Plus on your smart TV:
- Subscribe to Discovery Plus. Just visit the official site and get your subscription.
- Next, Install the Discovery Plus app on your Android tablet or phone or iOS iPad or iPhone.
Afterward, based on your screencasting technologies, follow the appropriate instructions for AirPlay and Chromecast.
- Log in to the app.
- After logging in, ensure the Android mobile and TV are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open the Discovery Plus app and play any video of your choice.
- Choose the cast icon.
- The Chromecast device will appear on your mobile. Choose it, and the content will automatically play on your smart TV that is connected to the Chromecast device.
- Log into the app.
- Ensure that the TV and iPhone are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open the app.
- Play your favorite content, then click on the cast/AirPlay icon.
- Tap on your TV model.
The content will automatically play on your TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you still have more questions running through your mind about the topic? That’s perfectly fine, as we have answered a few commonly asked questions below.
Why can’t I find Discovery Plus on my Smart TV?
If you can’t seem to find the Discovery Plus app on your Smart TV, navigate to the Home Screen of your TV model. In the Apps section, use the search bar to find the Discovery Plus app. Select the app to start using it.
We have reached the end of our guide on how to get Discovery Plus on smart TV. Hopefully, you found this guide helpful, and your streaming device or TV model was included in the abovementioned sections.
Were you able to enjoy the fun content on the Discovery Plus app? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading!