Do you own a Samsung TV and love streaming your favorite shows on it with Hulu? But lately, you have been facing issues with Hulu on your Samsung TV. You are not alone, as many Samsung TV owners face the same problem with the Hulu app not working on Samsung TV.
Samsung TV owners have been flooding forums with this problem for months. It could be a result of both a hardware and a software problem. There could be many reasons for Hulu not working on Samsung TV. App data corruption is also to blame for the app’s failure to perform. This troubleshooting guide will walk you through all of the potential solutions for this problem.
Hulu App Not Working on Samsung TV: Common Causes
All genres of television and movies are available on Hulu’s video-on-demand service. Hulu has been around for over a decade and has millions of subscribers, making it the most popular streaming service globally. Hulu is a great place to catch up on your favorite series and movies.
You can’t go wrong with the Hulu streaming service. So what could be the cause behind the Hulu app not working on Samsung TV? Hulu may not be working for a variety of reasons. It’s possible that Hulu, for example, isn’t accessible in your area. Below are some of the main reasons Samsung’s smart TV could have issues with the Hulu app.
App Data Corrupted
Hulu will not function correctly if the application data is compromised. The app’s status changes if a data file is lost. You can resolve this issue by uninstalling and then reinstalling the Hulu app on your Samsung Smart TV.
Hulu Server Outage
Sometimes, the server might be the problem. It’s impossible to use Hulu if its server is unavailable.
Slow Internet Connection
The amount of bandwidth available to connect to an online service is critical. A weak internet connection can be blamed for Hulu not working on Samsung TV.
Outdated Hulu App
To connect to the Hulu server, you must have the app’s most recent version. Unfortunately, the old app version will not function properly on your TV.
Smart Hub Issue
Smart hub is often the root cause behind the Hulu app not working on Samsung TV. This usually happens when the smart hub is corrupted. However, it may also occur if the smart hub is misconfigured.
Hulu App Not Working on Samsung TV: How to Fix
Here’s how to get Hulu to work on your Samsung TV again. Using Samsung TVs, we have tested all of these steps. As a bonus, these techniques are compatible with nearly every Samsung smart TV. So, let’s get right down to business and figure out what’s wrong.
Power Cycle The TV
Disconnecting your TV from the power supply is known as power cycling. Below we show you how to power cycle your TV.
How to power cycle Samsung TV
- Turn off your TV and then unplug its power cord from the wall outlet
- Keep it unplugged for 5 minutes
- Now, plug the power cable back to the outlet and turn on your TV
- Launch Hulu app and check whether the app is functioning properly
Cold Boot TV
You may use your remote to cold boot your Samsung smart tv. Using this method, you can get Hulu to work on your Samsung TV again.
How to cold boot Samsung TV
- Press and hold the power button on your Samsung TV remote and wait for your TV to turn off and turn on
- As the TV turns on, launch the Hulu app to check if the error has been resolved
Clear Hulu App Cache
You can get rid of unnecessary files and data from the Hulu app by deleting the cache. Hulu may not be functioning because of a temporary file. Therefore, emptying the cache is the best solution to this problem. Follow the steps below to clear the cache.
How to clear app cache on Samsung TV
- Open the Smart Hub by pressing the Home button on your TV remote
- Go to Settings > App
- Next, look for Hulu in the System App
- Select the Clear Cache option and then press OK
Open the Hulu app and then sign in using your username and password when you’re done. The app should work as expected now that its cache has been cleared. If not, move to the next step.
Update Hulu App
One of the reasons behind the Hulu app not working on Samsung TV could be the lack of updates. You won’t be able to use Hulu if the app is out of date. It is also essential that the app be updated to the most recent version. Some of the app’s functionalities will be disabled with the old version.
The most prevalent issue with an outdated app is that it crashes frequently. Therefore, the Hulu app on your smart TV needs to be updated. Follow these instructions to update Hulu on Samsung’s smart TV.
How to update Hulu app on Samsung TV
- Press the Smart Hub button on your Samsung TV remote.
- Select Featured and then select Hulu from the list by pressing and holding the Enter button on your remote.
- Stop pressing when the submenu shows up on the TV screen.
- From the submenu, choose Update Apps.
- Click on Select All and then Update.
- Wait for the update to begin. Once it completes, launch the Hulu app to check if the issue persists.
Also Read: Hulu Not Working on Firestick: Common causes and how to fix
Uninstall and Reinstall Hulu
Another possibility for the Hulu app not working on Samsung tv is data corruption. Remove the app and then reinstall it to rectify the corrupt data since the previous run may have been corrupted.
As a result, deleting the app and reinstalling it may solve the problem. Follow the steps below to uninstall Hulu from your Samsung TV.
How to uninstall Hulu app on Samsung TV
- Pick your Samsung TV remote and press the Home button to launch the Smart Hub
- Go to Settings and select App
- From the menu, click System app and search for Hulu
- Click Delete and then choose OK
Once the Hulu app vanishes from your TV, wait 5 minutes and then reinstall the app by following the steps below.
How to reinstall Hulu app on Samsung TV
- Pick your Samsung TV remote and press the Home button
- Go to Settings and select Apps
- Click the search icon and type Hulu
- Now, install the Hulu app by clicking Install
- Wait for the Hulu app to install and then launch it to check if it works properly now
Deactivate and Reactivate TV
The Hulu app requires users to activate the device first in their Hulu account before using the app. You would have done the same on your Samsung smart TV to start using your Hulu account. However, sometimes the Hulu app can deactivate the device or cause issues if the device has not used the app for long.
First, you’ll need to deactivate and reactivate your Samsung Smart TV. Next, open the app and log in using your user credentials. Follow the steps below to activate and deactivate a device in your Hulu account.
How to deactivate a device in Hulu
- Open Hulu app on your phone or tablet
- Go to Your Account, click Watch Hulu on Your Devices option and then click Manage Devices
- You will now see the list of devices activated on your account with an option to remove
- Look for your Samsung TV and click the Remove option next to it
After deactivating, wait 5 minutes and then reactivate the device by following the steps below.
How to activate a device in Hulu
- Open the Hulu app on your phone/tablet.
- Go to your Account page and click Watch Hulu on Your Devices section.
- Now, open the Hulu app on your TV to see the unique code. Enter that unique code/activation code in your Hulu app on the phone, and it will activate your TV as the new device linked to your Hulu account.
Now your smart TV should use the Hulu app without any issues. If not, move to the next step.
Reset Smart Hub
Hulu may not be working because of the Smart Hub. The Smart hub could be malfunctioning or be misconfigured. To fix this, you need to reset the Smart Hub. Please note that resetting the smart hub will remove all the installed apps and custom settings.
You can potentially fix the Hulu not working on the Samsung TV issue by performing the resetting task for the smart hub. Follow the steps below to reset the smart hub.
How to reset smart hub on Samsung TV
- Press the Home button on the TV remote to open Smart Hub
- Go to Settings > Support
- In the list, look for the Self-diagnosis option, and after that, click the Reset Smart Hub option
- To confirm the reset, type 0.0.0.0
- The Smart Hub reset is now underway.
After the reset is complete, open the Hulu app and see if it’s working correctly or not.
Update Samsung TV Software
For those still struggling to get Hulu to work with Samsung smart TV, this method may resolve all your issues. You should try updating the firmware of your Samsung TV to fix the Hulu issue.
Sometimes if your smart TV is not running the latest firmware version, some apps may malfunction. So, you must update the firmware to fix any underlying issues. To update the firmware of your Samsung TV, follow the steps below.
How to update Samsung TV software
- Open Settings on your Samsung TV and then select Support.
- Now, click on Software Update and then click on Update Now to begin the process of updating your software.
- Wait for the update to finish. Once it finishes, launch the Hulu app to see if the problem has been resolved.
Factory Reset Samsung TV
Your Samsung smart TV could be the one to blame for the continual issue with the Hulu app. Smart TVs can become corrupted or incapable of running the Hulu app. Factory reset your Smart TV to solve this problem.
Before factory resetting your Samsung smart TV, take a backup of your data. Follow the steps below to factory reset your Samsung TV.
- Press the Home button to launch Smart Hub on your Samsung TV remote
- Go to Settings and choose Support
- From the list, click Self Diagnosis and then choose Reset
- To confirm reset, enter 0.0.0.0 as reset pin
- Now, wait for your Samsung smart TV to begin the resetting process
Set up your smart TV after the factory reset is complete. Enter the correct information when you’re putting the finishing touches on reconfiguring settings. After successfully setting up your Samsung smart TV, install the Hulu app and check if it is working properly.
Disconnect Hulu Account on Other Devices
You can also try disconnecting every linked device to your Hulu account to check if Hulu is causing the issue or not. For this, you need to deactivate every device linked to your Hulu account. Follow the steps below to do this.
- Open Hulu on your phone and go to your Hulu Account page
- Click Your Account and then select Privacy and Settings > Protect Your Account
- Now, click Log Out Of All Computers to log out all devices and browsers that were previously linked
After completion, log into the Hulu app on your Samsung TV and see if it is working properly.
Also Read: How Many People Can Watch Hulu at Once?
Contact Customer Support
So you’ve followed every method listed above but could not fix the Hulu not working on Samsung TV issue. The only way to solve the problem is by getting in touch with Samsung customer support, or you can also contact Hulu’s customer care to find a fix for your issue.
We suggest contacting Hulu first and then moving on to Samsung support if Hulu’s technical support fails to give a solution.
Why Won’t Hulu Update on My Samsung TV
Samsung or Hulu have the power to prevent an update, and you can’t do much about it. Older TV models may no longer recognize Hulu in their App Store anymore. You will not be able to use your app if this happens. Your Hulu app will not update if you have an outdated operating system or your TV doesn’t have enough storage space.
Frequently Asked Questions
After unraveling the reason behind the Hulu app not working on Samsung TV and trying every possible method to fix the issue, we will now answer some of the most searched questions on the topic.
Why won’t my Hulu app work on my Samsung Smart TV?
Some of the frequent reasons why the Hulu app won’t work on Samsung TV include app cache build-up, outdated app version, slow internet, server issue, or problem with the smart hub. You must look into every reason to fix the problem.
How do I reset Hulu on my Samsung TV?
You can reset the Samsung TV Hulu app by opening the Hulu app and long-pressing the back button on the remote until you get to the home screen of the Samsung TV. This will reset the Hulu app.
How do I fix Hulu on my Samsung TV?
You can fix the Hulu app on your Samsung TV with several methods. You can uninstall/reinstall the app, clear its cache, update the app, or cold boot your Samsung TV and update its firmware. Try these methods one-by-one until you fix the app.
Does Samsung no longer support Hulu?
Samsung still supports Hulu, but some of its older TV models may not be able to work the app on their old firmware. Older Samsung TVs (2013 – 2015) may still run the classic Hulu app, but they cannot run the latest version with features like Live TV, add-ons, and more.
Hulu not working on Samsung TV is an issue that may occur during Hulu’s server outage. In this scenario, all that has to be done is make sure that the smart hub works.
Hulu’s performance can be improved by clearing the app’s cache. You may also try upgrading the Hulu app or resetting the Smart Hub and TV to factory default settings if the problem persists. However, you must ensure that your smart TV is connected to the internet.
We hope this guide helps you successfully fix the Hulu app issue on your Samsung smart TV. Let us know in the comments about the method that did the magic for you. Also, share this guide with your friends facing the same issue to put them out of misery and stream Hulu seamlessly!