- 1440p Resolution
- Affordable price
- Impressive image quality
- High pixel density
- Tilt-only stand
- Average inbuilt speakers
What is ViewSonic VX2478-SMHD
The ViewSonic VX2478-SMHD is an affordable 1440p monitor. It has all the specs an average user would want on his monitor and more. Read this review of the ViewSonic VX2478-SMHD to learn more about it.
ViewSonic VX2478-SMHD - Image Quality
Theis a 23.8-inch WQHD (2560 x 1440) Monitor. It is based on an IPS panel. It supports 8-bit color depth via dithering.
The IPS monitors are popular for their superior image accuracy. They have better-looking colors out of all the other panels. Theis no different. Its image accuracy is very good.
The pictures are sharp and vibrant. The 1440p resolution will add extra pixels to images and adds more quality to the images. The colors pop out and make pictures and videos appear more realistic.
The 1440p resolution offers more screen real-estate than a 1080p monitor. You can stuff more applications onto your screen without always having to switch between tabs.
The 1440p resolution in a 23-8-inch screen results in a massive pixel density of 123PPI. The images and text are now sharper and more detailed than you see in a 1080p monitor of the same size. There will be no blurry text and fuzzy images hence you will not have to strain your eyes by squinting.
Thehas a brightness of 300-nits and a contrast ratio of 1000:1. It is much brighter in real-world conditions and you may need to down its brightness a bit. Its contrast levels are just right.
It has wide 178-degree viewing angles. There will be no shift in colors, brightness, and contrast levels when viewed from different angles. Most TN Panel monitors suffer from narrow viewing angles. The IPS monitors don’t have this problem.
Thewe reviewed had no dead pixels. It also did not have any major issues with IPS Glow.
It also has a matte anti-glare coating on its surface that will prevent any reflections from forming on it. You can use it without any distractions.
- Related: Best Monitors for Graphic Design
- Related: Best Monitors for 3D Modeling
- Related: Best Graphics Cards for Solidworks
ViewSonic VX2478-SMHD - Design, Ergonomics, and Connectivity
Thecomes in a professional design. Its slim design and ultra-thin bezels give it a sharp look. The thin bezels also make it easy to use multi-monitor setups as they provide you with fewer distractions.
The OSD buttons are placed on the bottom of the lower bezel. They are responsive and easy to reach.
The build quality of this monitor is decent. It is made up of good quality plastic that is durable. The stand is also sturdy and doesn’t wobble.
In terms of ergonomic capabilities, you have the option to tilt your monitor by -6/+15. Other ergonomic capabilities like swivel, height adjustment and rotate options are absent.
Thealso has a 100 x 100mm VESA interface using which you can wall mount it or connect it to a third-party stand.
The connectivity options of theinclude 1x HDMI 1.4, 1x DisplayPort, 1x MiniDisplayPort. You also get a 3.5mm headphone jack.
This monitor also has 2x 2W built-in speakers. They are not too loud but should be sufficient for small spaces. For a better audio experience, I suggest you buy external speakers.
- Related: Best Dual-Monitor Setup Guide
- Related: Best Monitors for Triple Monitor Setup
- Related: Best Vertical Monitors
- Related: Best 49-inch Monitors
- Related: Best 43-inch Monitors
- Related: Best 34-inch Monitors
- Related: Best 38-inch Monitors
- Related: Best Monitors for Trading
ViewSonic VX2478-SMHD - Performance
Thehas a refresh rate of 60Hz. It is the standard for most budget monitors.
The response time of it is around 4ms and its input lag is around 8ms. The input lag is imperceptible. You also will not have any ghosting or trailing issues with this monitor.
This monitor also doesn’t support the AMD FreeSync and Nvidia G-Sync technologies.
Do keep in mind that theis made for regular usage and is not for hardcore PC gamers. You can use it for casual gaming and enjoy playing games at a higher resolution with better colors and detail. Don’t expect too much from it.
- Related: Best 1080p 144Hz Monitors for Gaming
- Related: Best Gaming Monitors under $300
ViewSonic VX2478-SMHD - Features
ViewMode feature helps you to change between different presets like Movie, Web, Game, Text, etc. They enhance your overall viewing experience.
You can manually tweak different components of the monitor like brightness, contrast, gamma, color temperature, etc. using the OSD menu. The OSD menu is user-friendly and straightforward.
- Related: Best Monitors for RX 5700 XT, RX 5600 XT And RX 5500 XT
- Related: Best Graphics Cards for Ryzen 5 3600 and Ryzen 5 3600X
- Related: Best Monitors for RX 6800 and RX 6800 XT
- Related: Best Monitors For RTX 3060 Ti
- Related: Best CPUs for GTX 1650 Super and GTX 1650
- Related: Best Monitors for Programming and Coding
Monitors similar to ViewSonic VX2478-SMHD
Theis a decent 27”-inch QHD monitor that is best suited for mixed usage. It supports FreeSync technology, has a decent image quality, supports HDR, and has a frameless design. The costs only $40 more than the ViewSonic VX2478-SMH and is worth looking into.
Theis a 27 Inch 1440p Monitor. It has generous connectivity ports and a frameless design. It is a great choice for work and regular usage. It is priced similarly to the ViewSonic VX2478-SMHD and is a decent monitor worth buying.
Theis a 27-inch 1440p Curved Gaming Monitor. It has amazing specs such as 1ms response time, 144Hz refresh rate, FreeSync support. It is only $20 cheaper than the ViewSonic VX2478-SMH and provides an excellent value for money.
Theis a 24 inch Full HD monitor. It comes at a much cheaper price and is a decent choice for office usage. If you are fine with the Full HD resolution, I suggest you go with it.
ViewSonic VX2478-SMHD Review - Final Thoughts
Theis a decent 1440p monitor. It has an impressive image quality, sleek design, generous connectivity options, and best of all, it comes at an affordable price.
Overall, The ViewSonic VX2478-SMHD is a great choice for mixed usage. It has no major drawbacks to it and we definitely recommend it to you if you’re looking for an affordable 1440p monitor.
Who should buy the?
1. Those who want an affordable 1440p monitor for long hours of office work or programming
2. Those who want a pocket-friendly monitor for regular usage like surfing the web, managing documents, causal gaming, watching movies, YouTube, working with Microsoft office, etc.
3. Those who want a frameless monitor for multi-monitor setups
- Related: Best Graphics cards for Ryzen 9 3900X and Ryzen 9 3950X
- Related: Best Monitor for GTX 1660 Ti, GTX 1660 Super and GTX 1660
- Related: Best CPUs for RX 6700 XT
- Related: Best CPU for GTX 1660 Ti, GTX 1660 Super and GTX 1660
- Related: Best CPUs for RX 5600 XT
- Related: Best CPUs for RTX 3060 Ti and RTX 3060
- Related: Best CPUs for RX 5700 XT and RX 5700
- Related: Best Graphics Cards For i3 10100 and i3 10100F
ViewSonic vx2478-smhd Specs
|Resolution:||WQHD (2560 x 1440)|
|Response Time:||4ms (GtG)|
|Speakers:||Yes (2x 2W)|
|Ports:||1x HDMI 1.4, 1x DisplayPort, 1x MiniDisplayPort
|Contrast Ratio:||1000:1 (static)|
|Colors:||16.7 million (8-bit)|
|VESA:||Yes (100×100 mm)|
|Dimensions With Stand ( W x H x D):||7.48 x 21.31 x 16.57 inches|
|Weight Net Weight with Stand (lbs):||7.70 lbs|
ViewSonic VX2478-SMHD Review – 24-inch 1440p Monitor – Spacehop
This review of the ViewSonic VX2478-SMHD covers everything you need to know about it. All its pros and cons are discussed in detail. Its complete specs and other alternatives are also mentioned.
Product In-Stock: InStock