Vizio TVs have picked up popularity among buyers in the last decade, with the company quickly building a strong reputation since its launch in 2002. These smart TVs are packed to the brim with features and offer good value for money. But if you own a Vizio TV and lose the remote or damage it somehow, what are your options? Of course, you could hunt for a replacement, but a much simpler solution would be to go for a universal remote. Once you have one, you will need Vizio universal remote codes for it to work flawlessly with your TV. Keep reading to know all about Vizio remote codes and set it up with your Vizio TV!
Vizio Universal Remote Codes
If you’ve managed to misplace your Vizio TV remote, you don’t have to break a sweat yet because there are options you can consider. You can still try getting a replacement remote from the company itself, but if you have additional devices in your entertainment center, like a DVD player, a Blu-ray player, an audio system, or cable/satellite, then getting a universal remote makes a lot of sense.
A universal remote can work with multiple devices, with an Onn or RCA Universal Remote allowing you to set up and control up to six devices. You will need a code for the remote to work with each device. Thankfully, brands like Onn, RCA, GE, Logitech, etc., let you do that with their universal remotes supporting thousands of such codes. Vizio makes some very impressive universal remotes as well. The only thing you have to do is find the code from the codebook that comes with these remotes or look it up online.
We can save you some time here because we have extensively covered multiple topics on universal remotes — we wrote about finding 4-digit codes for your TV, RCA universal remotes, and Onn universal remote codes! Think of us as a one-stop solution for all your universal remote needs!
But back to Vizio TVs, you may need a 2-digit, 3-digit- 4-digit, or 5-digit code for a universal remote to sync with your Vizio TV properly. Take a look below to see the codes that you can try out for your Vizio TV.
2 digit universal remote codes
3 digit universal remote codes
4 digit universal remote codes
5 digit universal remote codes
Vizio Audio Universal Remote codes
Vizio DVD Universal Remote codes
Vizio Wall Mount Universal Remote codes
Vizio Soundbar Universal Remote codes
Vizio Blu-ray Universal Remote codes
How to Program Vizio Remote Codes
So now you’ve spent your money on a universal remote and want to know how to program it to work with your Vizio TV. The methods are different for different manufacturers of remotes, but it boils down to two methods — an automatic method and a code entry method. Using the automatic method makes the remote do the hard lifting — it cycles through various codes while configuring itself with your Vizio TV.
The direct code or manual method allows you to be involved in the process by inputting a few codes to see which one works with your Vizio remote. This method is better because you can not only find which code worked for your TV, but you can also make sure all the functions of the remote are working properly. Let’s look at both methods.
- Different remotes have different methods, so you will have to refer to your manual before configuring your remote to work with your TV. But make sure the batteries in the remote are fresh and that the device is turned on.
- The remote will have a Configure button — this is typically named Program, or you may have to press the Category button directly.
- In this scenario, you will need to press the TV button until the indicator light on your remote lights up and stays lit.
- After this, you will need to either press a combination of buttons or keep the category button pressed while the remote tries out various codes — note that this process is subjective, depending on the manufacturer. Once the remote finds the correct code, your Vizio TV will power off.
- You should then turn the TV back on and test out various functions to ensure the correct code was found. If your universal remote does not act as it should, we recommend using the manual method below.
Via Manual method
For the manual method will need you to try out different codes until you find the right one for your specific Vizio TV. We’ve listed 2-digit, 3-digit- 4-digit, and 5-digit codes above that you can try out — we are pretty confident that one of these codes will work! Follow these steps to set up your remote:
- Power on your Vizio TV, and your universal remote, press and hold either the program button or the TV button. Refer to your manual to know which buttons need to be pressed.
- Next, go ahead and enter a code and hit the OK button on your remote. Try to power off the TV.
- If it works, turn your TV back on and test other features on the remote. If the code does not work, try out the next code on your list.
- Once you find a code that works, simply save it using the OK button (again, this might differ, so check your manual).
Vizio Universal Remote
If you decide to buy a Vizio universal remote instead of an RCA or Onn remote, it’s pretty simple to configure it with your Vizio TV. They have various types of remotes that you can check out on Amazon. Vizio has compiled a list of codes in a PDF file that you can go through if you’re looking for a specific code — it includes codes for TVs, VCRs, DVD players, audio systems, cable, satellite, digital photo frames, and more. The PDF file also includes instructions on setting up the remote to work with all your entertainment electronics.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I program my universal remote to my Vizio TV?
A universal remote can work exceptionally well with your Vizio TV as the codes that the remote needs to work properly are available online. Once this code is entered into your universal remote, it will work exactly as your original remote. We have listed a long list of codes above to refer to if you wish to find the code for your specific Vizio TV.
How do I find the pairing code for my Vizio TV?
The pairing code for your Vizio TV and a universal remote is listed in the sections above. You can also find the code on Vizio’s website as 2-digit, 3-digit, 4-digit, and 5-digit codes are listed there. You will have to try out various codes with your universal remote until you find one that works perfectly with your model of Vizio TV.
As our article showed you, as long as you have the Vizio universal remote codes, you can get any brand of universal remote to operate your Vizio TV just fine. And the added benefit is that you can also operate the other accessories like your audio system and the DVD player with the same remote. If you have trouble finding Vizio remote codes, please drop us a line in the comments section along with your TV model number, and we will help you find a code!