IG login is simple whether you use your mobile or your computer. But you can log in only if you have a phone number, email address, and a username associated with an account on this social media platform.
If you have forgotten or lost your password for some reason, you can always go for a password reset on the IG login page. You also have the option of logging into your IG account using Facebook. But for that, you will have to connect both these accounts within the Account Settings menu on your IG mobile application.
This post will list some essential steps that you need to take when you want to log in to your IG account, so scroll down to find out everything you need to know.
How To Login to IG
If you have an account on Instagram, you can use any device to log in. You can use your tablet, your phone, or your computer browser. The only thing you need is your login credentials.
These include the username, email address, and phone number linked with your account, alongside your password. Apart from that, you can also use your Facebook account to log into your Instagram.
But this will only happen if you have linked both of these accounts. We will discuss what you will have to do when you log in to your IG account using different techniques.
Login to IG on your mobile
The Instagram login process is the same for both iOS and Android devices. Generally, Instagram only allows you to log in with your IG username and your associated phone number or email address linked with your account. Therefore, you can enter any of these three items, and after that, you will have to enter the password for your account and tap login at the end.
Login to IG on your computer
Whether you use Macintosh or Windows PC, the login process is the same on both systems. First, you will have to open your browser and enter the URL www.instagram.com in the address bar. From there, you will have to enter your IG username, email address, and phone number linked with your account. The next step is to enter your password and click log in.
Login to IG from Facebook
- To link your FB account with your IG account, you will need to open your IG account on your mobile phone.
- Tap the 3-bar menu and then tap Settings.
- Within the Account section, tap on Sharing to other apps and link your IG account with your FB account.
- Once you have connected both of these accounts, you can conveniently log into your IG account using your FB account.
- Visit the IG login page and click on Log in with Facebook right at the bottom of the page.
How to unlink your IG and Facebook accounts
- Open your IG mobile app on your Android or iOS device and tap on your profile icon. (This icon is located in the lower right corner of your screen.)
- From there, you need to tap on the 3-bar menu icon on an iOS app or the 3-dot icon on an Android app. (The icon is located in the upper right corner of your screen.)
- From there, you will have to tap on Settings and then tap on Account Center.
- The next step is to tap on Accounts & Profiles and select the account you want to remove.
- Tap on the account you want to withdraw from the Accounts Center.
- From there, a confirmation message appears, and you can tap on Continue.
- In the final step, you will have to tap Remove to unlink the account.
Reset Your IG Password
You can alter your IG password any time in the settings on your mobile application or website.
Resetting the password using a mobile device
The password reset process is similar on both iOS and Android devices.
- You have to open your IG app and tap on your Profile Icon located at the lower-right corner.
- Now tap on the 3-bar icon in the iOS or 3-dot icon in the Android app on your screen and tap Settings.
- Tap on Security and then tap on Password.
- You will have to enter your current password and then type the new password you want to keep.
- Once complete, tap on Save in iOS or checkmark on Android.
Resetting your password via the desktop site
Resetting passwords via the desktop site is similar to a password reset via the app.
- You will have to open the IG website in your browser, either Macintosh or Windows PC.
- Now login and click on your Profile icon located on the top right corner of your screen.
- Click on Profile in the drop-down menu.
- Click on the Gear Icon located on the right of your Edit Profile link.
- In the pop-up window, you will have to click on Change Password.
- You will have to enter your current password and type your new password.
- When you are done with that, click on the Change Password.
Types of IG Login Errors
You might get different IG login errors from time to time. These errors depend on various issues and are listed as follows:
- We can’t sign in to your account.
- Sorry, there was a problem with your request.
- Forgotten password for [username]?
- Instagram username not found.
- We couldn’t connect to Instagram. Make sure you’re connected to the internet and try again.
- The username you entered doesn’t belong to an account. Please check your username and try again.
IG Login Troubleshooting
There are various ways to troubleshoot these errors, and we have provided you with some solutions.
Check the Wi-Fi
Most of the time, the internet is the issue causing your IG app not to work. Unfortunately, poor internet connection happens without your knowledge, and you need to reboot your Wi-Fi router and then try again.
Restart your device
You can also restart your device and force closing or relaunch your Instagram application. Your IG app can start working after a restart.
Reset phone date & time
Another way to solve the login problem is to reset the time and date of your phone. Make sure you have set your date and time automatically. This will help you avoid these problems altogether.
You have to clear junk from your apps. Go to your device settings and then your application settings. Front here, you will have to clear the cache. Once you have done that, you will have to force-stop your app. After that, you will have to sign in from your PC.
Login from another device
Logging in from another device can also work. This way, you will see whether you are having any problems due to issues with your mobile or other devices.
Reset your password
Of course, resetting your password can also work, and you can follow the steps mentioned above for this issue.
Update the app
Go to your Apple App Store or Google Play Store and see if your IG app needs an update. After that, you can start your app normally.
Contact customer service
If everything else has failed, you can contact Instagram’s customer service and ask them to help you with your IG login.
We hope you have enjoyed reading this tutorial. IG login and how to do it are simple, no matter what device you use. You can also reset your password and make sure your app and phone are updated adequately so you can log in smoothly to your IG account.