Having a touch screen on a laptop can come in handy for several functions. It allows users to navigate through the OS using fingers rather than the mouse or touchpad. If you have a touchscreen-compatible Lenovo laptop, this feature may be enabled by default. But there’s always a way to disable it.
Use the following steps to turn off the touchscreen on Lenovo:
- Press Windows key + X to open Device Manager
- Find the Human Interface Device option and click on it.
- Now, click on the HID-compliant device option
- Right-click on the option and choose Disable.
Note: Apply the same disabling process and select “enable” to turn on the touch screen on Lenovo laptop.
How to Turn off Touch Screen on Lenovo
You need to follow specific steps to turn off touch screen on Lenovo running different versions of Windows OS. In the next steps, we will walk you through disabling the touch screen on Lenovo running Windows 10, Windows 8, and Windows 7.
Steps to turn off Lenovo touch screen on Windows 10
- Open the taskbar and search for Device Manager in the search box, then select Device Manager.
- Click on the arrow next to Human Interface Devices and then choose HID-compliant touch screen.
- Click on the Action tab at the top and choose Disable device and then confirm.
Note: If you find more than one HID-compliant touchscreen device listed in the options, carry out the same steps to disable them.
Steps to turn off Lenovo touch screen on Windows 8 and Windows 8.1
If your Lenovo laptop runs Windows 8 or Windows 8.1, then follow the steps given below to disable touch screen.
- Right-click on the Start button and choose Device Manager. Alternatively, you can also search for ‘Device Manager’ in the start screen search bar.
- Click on Human Interface Devices
- Now, look for HID-compliant touch screen
- Right-click on the option and select disable.
Note: If you don’t see the “Disable device” option in the menu, then the touch screen on your device is already disabled.
Steps to turn off Lenovo touch screen on Windows 7
For disabling touch screen on your Lenovo laptop running Windows 7, follow the steps given below:
- First, open the Control Panel
- Now, click the Pen and Touch option in the Control Panel
- Click the Touch tab
- Look for Use your finger as an input device option and uncheck it to disable touch screen
Steps to turn off Lenovo touch screen on Chromebook
Follow the following steps to disable the touch screen on Lenovo Chromebook running Chrome OS 48 or higher.
- Open Chrome browser and copy/paste this in the address bar: chrome://flags/#ash-debug-shortcuts
- Look for the debugging keyboard shortcuts option and click Enable.
- Click on Relaunch Now to restart Chrome to implement the changes.
- After restarting the system, press this keyboard shortcut: Search+Shift+t
- You will now see a toggle to enable/disable the touch screen
How to turn off touch screen on Lenovo Yoga
If you have a Lenovo Yoga series laptop with touch screen functionality, here’s what you need to do to turn it off. Just follow the steps below:
- Fire up the Start menu and search for Device Manager
- Click on Human Interface Devices option from the list and expand the section
- Look for HID-compliant touch screen device and right-click the option
- Now, choose Disable device
- Click on Yes in the pop-up box to disable the functionality
How to Re-enable the Touch Screen on Lenovo
If you wish to re-enable the touch screen on your Lenovo laptop, you just need to apply the same steps for your Windows or Chrome OS as given for disabling. The only exception will be to select “enable” instead of “disable” in the final step.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some of the most searched questions concerning the touch screen feature on the Lenovo laptop.
How do I turn off the touchscreen on my Lenovo?
You can turn off the touchscreen on your Lenovo by looking for “Device Manager” or “Human Interface Devices” on your Windows 10 or Windows 8 powered laptops. For Windows 7, you will need to look for the “Pen and Touch” option.
How do I turn off touch screen on Lenovo laptop Windows 10?
You can turn off touch screen on Lenovo laptop Windows 10 by opening Device Manager > Human Interface Devices > HID-compliant touch screen > Action > Disable.
Can you turn off touch screen on Chromebook?
Yes, you can turn off the touch screen on Chromebook. Unlike regular Windows laptops or MacBooks, Chromebooks use Chrome browser to make changes. You can disable the touchscreen using the browser.
Turning off or disabling the touch screen on your Lenovo laptop is quite easy. You can always enable the option whenever you want to utilize the functionality. If your Lenovo laptop fails to register changes, try restarting the device and trying the steps again. If the issue persists, get in touch with Lenovo customer support and troubleshoot the issue as they guide.
Concerning Lenovo laptops, we have covered tutorials for most-used features like taking screenshots. Check out our comprehensive guide on how to screenshot on Lenovo.
We hope this tutorial helps you with how to turn the touch screen on Lenovo. Let us know in the comments.